This is a very short piece of advice.
Do not turn on Facebook’s Login Approvals. You can access this setting by going to Facebook’s Account Settings > Security > Login Approvals Edit but of course since I am advising you to leave it off then you don’t have to access it. LOL
Why? Because it will ask you to enter the code sent to your mobile phone (or email) everytime you log on to Facebook using a different “device.” To give you a hint on what they mean by “unrecognized devices,” here are some examples.
- You used Google Chrome on a new computer for the first time.
- You used the same computer but used Google Chrome’s Incognito browser.
- You used Mozilla Firefox or other browsers on the same computer for the first time.
- You used Mozilla Firefox’s Private Browsing or other browsers’ counterparts.
- You cleared your cache/temporary internet files and used Google Chrome on the same computer again.
- You used any browser on another computer for the first time.
- You cleared the cache on any browser on that other computer.
- You used your mobile phone or “unrecognized devices” to access it.
At first I thought it’s a good feature for added security. As I continued to use it, it started to become really annoying, most specially when you’re in a hurry or you don’t have your mobile phone handy.
I think Facebook needs to review their meaning of “unrecognized devices” for that specific setting. Just my two cents.